There may be hope for a fed-up Aston Manor resident, who has been reporting a gaping hole in his neighbourhood for more than eight months.
“It’s unacceptable,” said Vincent Blignault about the giant hole on the corner of Concourse Crescent and Coniston Way. He has asked the municipality to address the issue from as early as November last year.
“Nothing has been done. It is a danger to those walking past it,” Blignault explained.
According to Clr Jaco Terblanche, the hole is open due to maintenance on the waterline.
“The water and sanitation department gave me the assurance they would close the hole by August 6,” he said in a statement.
An email sent from the municipality to Blignault on November 13, 2017, reads:
“Our service provider is on site now busy with the reinstatements … All the driveways damaged due to pipe-laying will be reinstated, as explained to the owners.”
The municipality did not reply to Kempton Express’ questions at the time of going to print.