NATIONAL: Toddler suffers burns during tonsil operation

A 23-month-old girl was badly burnt when her parents took her to have her tonsils removed  at Netcare Linmed Hospital in Rynfield on November 24.

The parents, who wanted to remain anonymous to protect the privacy of their toddler, said the girl suffered burns to her tongue, gums and lips, Benoni City Times reported.

“The doctor said it would be a short operation: 30 minutes in theatre and 15 minutes in recovery,” said the mother.

The procedure was scheduled for 8.30am and when the doctor approached the parents by 10am, he apparently said  ‘there was a flame and she was burnt’.

The hospital manager blamed the doctor and the doctor blamed the equipment, the girl’s father said.

The parents said all they want is accountability and to know exactly what had happened.

Read the full article on Benoni City Times

  AUTHOR
Kempton Express

Latest News

Top
Recommended Story x
Sixteen challenges for 16 organisations for June 16

Thanks for your referral. We have no doubt your friends will love our newsletter as much as you!

Don't forget to verify your email.

to our FREE newsletter
SUBSCRIBE to our FREE newsletter.




SELECT your titles:

Bedfordview Edenvale News
Kempton Express


Get regular news updates sent directly to your inbox.

Your source of local breaking news and trending stories from across the country.

Be a part of our growing community

1MILFacebook Fans
98KTwitter Followers
5MILMonthly Readers
12MILArticles Published Every Month
72Local Community Websites

SUBSCRIBE to our FREE newsletter

SELECT your titles:

Bedfordview Edenvale News
Kempton Express

Get regular news updates sent directly to you inbox.

Your source of local breaking news and trending stories from across the country.

Be a part of our growing community

Subscribe Here
1MILFacebook Fans
98KTwitter Followers
5MILMonthly Readers
12MILArticles Published Every Month
72Local Community Websites
Your details:


Your friends: